(1) Symptoms of diabetes (polyuria, polydipsia, and/or unexplained weight loss) plus a casual plasma glucose concentration of equal to or greater than 200 mg/dL,
(2) Fasting plasma glucose (at least 8 hours without eating) equal to or greater than 126 mg/dL,
(3) Two-hour plasma glucose of equal to or greater than 200 mg/dL after drinking a 75-gram glucose load.
A positive value on any of these tests should be confirmed on a subsequent day by repeating any of these tests.
Diabetes Mellitus & Pregnancy
- Diabetes Mellitus & Pregnancy
- Metabolism in Normal & Diabetic Pregnancy
- Diagnostic Criteria for Diabetes Mellitus Prior to Pregnancy
- Diagnostic Criteria for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Pregestational Diabetes
- L Type 1 Diabetes (Insulin-Dependent)
- L Type 2 Diabetes (Non-Insulin Dependent)
- Gestational Diabetes
- Antepartum Care
- Neonatal Complications
- Intrapartum & Postpartum Management
Revision date: July 6, 2011
Last revised: by David A. Scott, M.D.