To further our mission of making reliable health information available to the public, we accept advertising and sponsorship under strict guidelines. We will refuse any advertisement that we believe is incompatible with our mission. The presence of an ad on our site our weekly newsletter, does not imply endorsement of the advertised company or product.
Advertisers and sponsors must not make unsubstantiated health claims or suggest that Armenian Medical Network has endorsed a product. Advertising is not targeted to individual users but may be placed on the site adjacent to content related to advertiser or sponsor interest. Advertising also appears in our weekly newsletter.
Health.am maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. All advertising content on Health.am, is clearly labeled as an advertisement. Sponsored areas of the site are labeled as such, and the sponsoring organizations are identified.
Advertising and sponsorship
Health.am offers a wide range of advertising opportunities from banner ads to sponsorships. These opportunities are customized to meet a particular corporation’s or product’s branding strategy.
Advertising and sponsorship revenue is used to support Health.am
For inquiries about advertising and sponsorships, contact:
Director, Business Development
menasaka [at] gmail.com
Advertising that may be allowed on the service, provided certain criteria are met:
- Corporate image advertising or corporate sponsorship
- Over-the-counter medications
- Prescription drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration
- Nonmedical or non-health-related consumer products and services
- Consumer products with a potential health connection
- Fitness products or services
- Medical products or devices
- Pharmacies (retail and online)
Advertising that is prohibited on the service includes:
- Tobacco products
- Health care services
- Political ads
- Social cause ads
- Religious ads
- Comparative advertising (no mention of competitive brand names within an ad banner)
Advertising formats that are prohibited on the service include:
- Pop-ups and floating ads or surveys
- Ads that have forms within them to collect personally identifiable information while a visitor is on Health.am
Advertising/sponsorship criteria that must be met to allow the company to advertise/sponsor include:
- Advertisement must not make a health claim for its product that is not clearly substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate claims.
- No implication of endorsement by Armenian Medical Network of product or advertiser may be made.
- Health.am retains final approval of all sponsor/product messages, banners and advertising copy that are directly linked or adjacent to the content. This includes verification of advertisement content and placement before it is produced on the site.
- The advertisement, advertising icons and company logos must be displayed in such a way that they clearly are not part of the Health.am site content.
- Health.am reserves the right to reject, cancel or remove at any time any advertisement from Health.am for any reason. In such a case, Health.am will provide prompt notice to the advertiser, together with an explanation. Health.am also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the advertisement on the Web site.
- No unsolicited commercial messages are allowed.
- Collecting and selling of mailing lists without the users’ expressed permission is not allowed.
- The full rules for any market research or promotion must be displayed or linked to.
- Advertisers and agencies cannot collect any personally identifiable information from Health.am visitors or place any cookies, applets or other such files — if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to the advertisers or agencies - on computers of Health.am visitors who do not visit advertisers’ sites by clicking on their ad banners.
- These guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of Health.am at any time.
Any paid advertising listings posted on search results or other pages of our site are identified as “Ads by Google” or “Advertisement”. We review these ads on a regular basis and will remove any that don’t meet our criteria for advertisers. However, we aren’t able to preview all listings in the “Ads by Google” area before they appear on our site because of the way in which these ads are served to us by Google. It’s possible that some listings may appear that don’t meet our ad guidelines. For information about how Google sorts these listings, go to http://adwords.google.com/.
Revision date: December 12, 2010
Samson A. Maneyan, AMN Interactive