Ingestion of paraffin.
- Some arthritis bath/spa treatments
- Some candles
- Some waxes
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
- May cause intestinal obstruction if consumed in sufficient quantities
Do not induce vomiting. Contact Poison Control for guidance.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- The patient’s age, weight, and condition
- Name of product (as well as the ingredients and strength, if known)
- The time it was swallowed
- The amount swallowed
Poison Control, or a local emergency number
They will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency room
Symptoms will be treated if the person is instructed to go to the emergency room.
Recovery is likely.
by Potos A. Aagen, M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.