Poisoning from an ingestion of a liquid shampoo.
Shampoo is considered relatively non-toxic.
- Various liquid shampoos
For any toxic exposure or allergic reaction, seek emergency medical care immediately. Call Poison Control for further information.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- The patient’s age, weight, and condition
- The name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)
- The time it was swallowed
- The amount swallowed
Poison Control, or a local emergency number
See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency room
- Treat the symptoms.
Survival over 24 hours usually indicates recovery will follow.
by Harutyun Medina, M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.