Roundup grass and weed killer; Weedoff
Poisoning caused by an overdose of Roundup.
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
- body as a whole o weakness
- respiratory o difficulty breathing
- heart and blood vessels o low blood pressure
- eyes, ears, nose, and throat o irritation of mouth and throat o tearing, increased
- skin o irritation o cyanosis (blue lips or fingernails - rare)
- gastrointestinal o nausea and vomiting o vomiting blood o abdominal cramps o diarrhea
- nervous system o headache o anxiety o dizziness o coma o drowsiness
If the product is on the skin, wash the area thoroughly for at least 15 minutes.
Do Not INDUCE VOMITING. Call Poison Control Center for appropriate treatment instructions.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- the patient’s age, weight, and condition
- the name of the product (ingredients and strengths if known)
- the time it was swallowed
- the amount swallowed
Poison Control, or a local emergency number
They will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Take the container with you to the emergency room
What to expect at the emergency room
Some or all of the following procedures may be performed:
- Wash areas of skin exposed to the insecticide.
- Use gastric lavage.
- May dilute with water or milk.
- Treat the symptoms.
Continued improvement of symptoms over the first 4 to 6 hours under proper medical care, usually indicates that recovery will occur.
by Amalia K. Gagarina, M.S., R.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.