Magic markers

Definition 
Poisoning caused by an overdose of magic marker.

Poisonous Ingredient 
Magic markers are considered nontoxic.

Where Found 

     
  • Magic markers

Note: This list is not necessarily all inclusive.

Symptoms  
THE AMOUNT OF XYLENE IS LOW. MAGIC MARKERS ARE CONSIDERED NONTOXIC.

Home Treatment 
For any toxic ingestion or allergic reaction, seek emergency medical care immediately. DO NOT INDUCE Vomiting!

Before Calling Emergency 
Determine the following:

     
  • The patient’s age, weight, and condition  
  • The name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)  
  • The time it was swallowed  
  • The amount swallowed

Poison Control, or a local emergency number 
They will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Bring the poison container with you to the emergency room.

What to expect at the emergency room 
Some or all of the following procedures may be performed:

     
  • Treat the symptoms.

Expectations (prognosis) 
These products are considered nontoxic. Recovery is very likely.

Johns Hopkins patient information

Last revised: December 5, 2012
by David A. Scott, M.D.

Medical Encyclopedia

  A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0-9

All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.