Cold weather and itchy skin
Here are some recommendations for dealing with dry skin:
- Take fewer baths (and when you bathe, avoid hot water).
- Moisturize your skin after bathing in order to prevent the skin from drying.
- Avoid overdrying wet skin. Try patting your skin dry.
- Avoid excessive use of soap.
- Don’t overheat your house, and use a humidifier if you live in a dry climate.
by Martin A. Harms, M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.