Normal childhood growth milestones - 2 months; Developmental milestones record - 2 months; Growth milestones for children - 2 months
This article describes the skills and growth markers relevant to 2 month-old infants.
Physical and motor-skill markers:
- Closure of posterior fontanelle (soft spot at the back of the head)
- Doll’s eye reflex, dance reflex, grasp reflex, and crawling reflex disappearing
- Less head lag
- When on stomach, able to lift head almost 45 degrees
- Decreased flexion of extremities while on stomach
Sensory and cognitive markers:
- Head turns from side to side with sound stimulation at the level of the ear
- Beginning to visually fix on close objects
- Crying becomes differentiated
- Vocal response to familiar voices
- Toys and objects should be bright colors
- The room should be bright with pictures and mirrors
- Expose the baby to auditory stimuli outside those of the home
- Take the baby for rides in the car
by Arthur A. Poghosian, M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.