This poisoning is from ingestion of lip moisturizers.
- Multiple other brand names
- Eyes, ears, nose, and throat o Eye irritation may occur after eye exposure
- Skin o Rash (allergic)
- Gastrointestinal o Nausea and/or vomiting o intestinal obstruction
Call Poison Control for further guidance.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- The patient’s age, weight, and condition
- The name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)
- The time it was swallowed
- The amount swallowed
Poison Control, or a local emergency number
They will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency room
- Treat the symptoms.
Recovery is very likely, since the ingredients are generally considered nontoxic.
by Levon Ter-Markosyan, D.M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.