Lips - chapped and dry
Here are some recommendations for preventing chapped lips:
- Avoid going out in dry, cold weather without putting on lip balm or lipstick.
- Try to keep the air in your home humid.
- Use a sunscreen on your lips when outside in sunny weather.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
Some recommendations for soothing chapped and sore lips:
- Treat chapped lips with beeswax and phenol (such as Carmex).
- Drink additional fluids in winter months.
by Janet G. Derge, M.D.
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.