Multivitamin (By Mouth)
Multivitamins are given to people who need more vitamins in their diet.
Daily Multiple, Stress Advanced Formula, Sleep And Get Trim, Optilets-500, Sigtab, Cefol, One-A-Day Essential, Stress 600, Stress Formula Vitamins, Stresstabs, Stress Tabs, Vi-Stress, Dialyvite 800, Rena-Vite, Allbee C-800
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any single vitamin or multivitamin.
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered. If your doctor did not order this medicine for you, carefully read and follow the instructions on the package label.
- Some tablets have a special coating and should not be chewed. Swallow the tablet with plenty of water.
- Chew the chewable tablet before swallowing. Drink plenty of liquid to help swallow the tablet after chewing.
- Carefully measure the oral liquid using the dropper that comes with the medicine. May be mixed with food.
If a dose is missed::
- If a dose is missed:, you can take it when you remember.
- It is generally not harmful if you miss a dose of a multivitamin.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in a closed container. Protect from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- You should not use more of a multivitamin than your doctor has ordered or more than the package label recommends. Some vitamins can build up in the body and can be harmful.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding talk to your doctor before taking this medicine. It is important during this time to take the right vitamins at the right time.
- Multivitamins can turn urine bright yellow and stools a darker color. This is normal.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting
- Bloody diarrhea
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Loss of appetite, bad taste in mouth
- Nausea, heartburn, or upset stomach
- Constipation, diarrhea
Revision date: July 9, 2011
Last revised: by Andrew G. Epstein, M.D.
Drugs & Medications
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.
The drug reference included in this section is provided by Cerner Multum, Inc., of Denver, Colorado. Armenian Medical Network receives monthly updates from Multum.