Acetomeroctol overdose is poisoning from an overdose of acetomeroctol, an antiseptic.
Acetomeroctol, an antiseptic mercurial (containing mercury and used to clean infections)
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
- No urine output
- Severe abdominal cramping
- Burning mouth pain
- Bloody diarrhea
- Increased thirst
- Metallic taste
- Excessive salivation
- High blood pressure
- Low Blood pressure
- Rapid heart beat
- Difficulty breathing
Clean exposed skin with mild soap and water. If the acetomeroctol was swallowed, call Poison Control for guidance.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- Patient’s age, weight, and condition
- The name of the product (ingredients and strengths if known)
- When it was swallowed
- The amount swallowed
Poison Control, or a local emergency number
Call Poison Control or your local emergency number - they will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. If possible, take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency room
Some or all of the following procedures may be performed:
- Emptying the stomach (gastric lavage)
- Administering activated charcoal
- Administering a laxative
- Administering an antidote
- Treating the symptoms
If the patient is given the antidote within at least 1 week of the ingestion, recovery is likely. If patient is pregnant, damage to the unborn child is possible.
Diseases and Conditions Center
All ArmMed Media material is provided for information only and is neither advice nor a substitute for proper medical care. Consult a qualified healthcare professional who understands your particular history for individual concerns.