Using the pills to shed extra pounds can be effective when used properly. The directions on the bottle should be followed to the letter, and never abused.
Losing weight is a process that doesn’t happen overnight. It is best to follow a healthy diet and incorporate exercise into your plan to lose weight. There is no miracle drug that can change your body unless you commit to living a healthier lifestyle, and doing what is necessary to lose excess weight.
- Make sure you have familiarized yourself with the ingredients contained in the product.
- Check with a doctor before taking weight loss pills if you have a medical condition.
- Drink as much water a day as you can handle. Six to eight glasses a day should suffice. Water flushes out the impurities in the body and can act as an appetite suppressant. Drinking an eight ounce glass of water one hour before a meal will help you to eat less and feel just as full.
- Do not exceed the daily recommended dosage - Doing so will not make you lose weight any faster it will just upset the balance required to lose weight.
- Do not stop eating while you are taking weight loss pills. You may find your appetite will decrease however it is important to eat healthy foods that give you energy.
- Do not weigh yourself everyday - you have to be patient and determined to stay on track. Weighing yourself everyday can bring you down when the numbers aren’t dropping fast enough.
Keep in mind that water retention can cause temporary weight gain which may disappear the next day, depending on what you have eaten.
You should never weigh yourself mid-day or in the evening as you will always be a few pounds more than you were in the morning.
Revision date: July 6, 2011
Last revised: by Sebastian Scheller, MD, ScD